AAPPN is Washington state’s professional home for advanced practice psychiatric nurses.
AAPPN’s 2018 Spring Conference is March 17
Join your colleagues for AAPPN’s 2018 Spring Conference, “Under the Umbrella: Framework and Treatment Considerations for Bipolar and Conversion Disorders,” on Saturday, March 17, 2018, at Bastyr University in Kenmore, WA.
Earn 6 ANCC-approved CEs, including 5 toward pharmacotherapeutic CE requirement (pending).
The morning session addresses a conundrum you face in practice every day: “Is this unipolar depression, PTSD, or bipolar disorder?” Examine all aspects involved in reaching a diagnosis and selecting treatment of bipolar spectrum disorder.
The afternoon session will take a lifespan approach to conversion disorder. Using case studies—including an adolescent with complex symptoms—you will learn the newest information available while gaining a richer historical perspective.
Exhibitors are welcome. Contact Kirk Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
With more than 200 clinical and student members—from Bellingham to Richland, from Vancouver to Spokane—AAPPN is the only organization specifically dedicated to the profession in our state.
JOIN US. Become an AAPPN member today and enjoy all that your professional association has to offer!
AAPPN is. . .CONNECTION
- Chapter meetings throughout the state for learning and networking
- Listserv to share resources, referrals, and opportunities
- Member directory to stay in touch with your colleagues
AAPPN is. . .EDUCATION
- Conferences and workshops featuring local and national speakers specifically geared toward the needs of psychiatric ARNPs
- Reduced-rate and free CEs for members
- Resources for educational opportunities throughout our community
AAPPN is. . .CAREER CULTIVATION
- Public referral directory
- Job announcements exclusively for AAPPN members
- Career- and business-building resources
- Low Student membership rates and a one-year Student membership after graduation
- Collaboration with the Lois Price Spratlen Foundation, which provides scholarships for psychiatric nursing students.
AAPPN is. . .ADVOCACY
- Lobbyist representing our profession in Olympia
- Legislative alerts for members to make their voice heard
- Collaboration with state leaders and partner organizations