AAPPN is Washington state’s professional home for advanced practice psychiatric nurses.
With more than 300 clinical and student members—from Bellingham to Richland, from Vancouver to Spokane—AAPPN is the only organization specifically dedicated to the profession in our state.
Thank you to those who attended our 2021 Annual Conference. If you were not able to attend, register now for the recorded version to receive 7.25 ANCC-approved CEs.
All conference registrants will have access to the conference recordings available in late October.
Sessions offer new research outcomes and evidence-based tools to support your practice. Topics include:
- Targeting the endocrine system for anxiety and mood disorders
- Strategies to enhance charting
- Suicide and self-harm prevention
- ADHD throughout the lifetime
AAPPN serves members and the professional community through:
- Advocacy: protecting your profession and advocating for mental health care
- Career Cultivation: providing resources and programs to enhance your practice
- Connection: bringing members together share resources, learn new skills, and build friendships
- Education: conducting CE programs designed specifically for psychiatric ARNPs
2022 Lobby Week Kit – Tools and tips for meeting with your legislators.
Make your voice heard in Olympia. Now is the time to set up your appointments for AAPPN’s Lobby Week and register for the Legislative Open House on January 18!
Get ready for meeting with your legislators during Lobby Week by dropping by AAPPN’s Legislative Open House from 7:30-8:00 p.m.
East King County Members, start 2022 by catching up with area psych NPs and PMHNP students. Our next chapter meeting is on Wednesday, January 19, 2022.
Health insurers have arbitrarily reduced reimbursement for ARNP services down to just 85% of their usual rates. In his Seattle Times op/ed Dr. Benjamin Danielson argues that inequities in reimbursement rates lead to inequities in care.
Connect other psych NPs who practice in rural areas. Join the AAPPN Rural Practice Group meeting on the first Tuesday of the month.
Membership in AAPPN can provide a sense of belonging and avenues for connection with your peers.
It helps you build upon your clinical skills and grow your practice.
And it includes you in an active professional community working to protect your profession in Olympia.
Join us to advance your practice, enhance your career, and strengthen our community.