AAPPN Listserv and eGroup Basics
Generally speaking, a listserv is an electronic group discussion. eGroups are listserv groups for specific geographic areas or member interests.
Our main listserv, the AAPPN Listserv group, is for every AAPPN member:
- To post a message, address your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
eGroups: AAPPN is currently hosts four eGroups:
- The Peninsula-Kitsap Chapter eGroup is a listserv for Peninsula-Kitsap Chapter members only. To post a message, address your email to email@example.com.
- The Spokane Chapter eGroup is a listserv for Spokane Chapter members only. To post a message, address your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Tacoma Chapter eGroup is a listserv for Tacoma Chapter members only. To post a message, address your email to email@example.com.
- The East King Chapter eGroup is a listserv for East King Chapter members only. To post a message, address your email to EastKingCounty@listserv.aappn.org.
- The AAPPN-Advocacy eGroup is a listserv for members who would like more in-depth participation in AAPPN’s advocacy efforts. To post a message, address your email to AAPPN-Advocacy@listserv.aappn.org.
If you would like to join any of these eGroups, or if you have questions or need assistance using the listserv, please contact Chris Crosser, AAPPN Member Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-734-3166.
There are many advantages to the AAPPN listserv and eGroups.
- You don’t have to set-up a Yahoo or Gmail account as you do for some listservs.
- You can access an archive of past messages without having to login or remember a password. The web address for the archive is at the bottom of each listserv or eGroup message.
- Need help setting up or updating your account? The AAPPN office can add you directly to the listserv. We can also look-up the address of the email account you are using for the listserv and help you change it.
- Some listserv providers track users’ activity and share email addresses with third parties. The listserv provider AAPPN uses just delivers emails, plain and simple. It doesn’t harvest usage data or share or sell email addresses.
- Going on vacation and want to temporarily suspend listserv messages? You can do that easily. And don’t worry about your “out-of-office” auto reply; the listserv will filter those out automatically for you.