AAPPN Listserv and eGroup Basics
Generally speaking, a listserv is an electronic group discussion. eGroups are listserv groups for specific geographic areas or member interests.
Our main listserv, the AAPPN Listserv group, is for every AAPPN member:
- The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The address of the online archive is on the AAPPN Member Home Page. You will have to login to access that page.
eGroups: AAPPN is currently hosts four eGroups:
- The Peninsula-Kitsap Chapter eGroup is a listserv for Peninsula-Kitsap Chapter members only. The email address is email@example.com.
- The Spokane Chapter eGroup is a listserv for Spokane Chapter members only. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Tacoma Chapter eGroup is a listserv for Tacoma Chapter members only. The email address is email@example.com.
- The AAPPN-Advocacy eGroup is a listserv for members who would like more in-depth participation in AAPPN’s advocacy efforts. The email address is AAPPN-Advocacy@listserv.aappn.org.
If you would like to join any of these eGroups, or if you have questions or need assistance using the listserv, please contact Chris Crosser, AAPPN Member Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-734-3166.
There are many advantages to the AAPPN listserv and eGroups.
- You don’t have to set-up a Yahoo or Gmail account as you do for some listservs.
- You can access an archive of past messages without having to login or remember a password.
- Need help setting up or updating your account? The AAPPN office can add you directly to the listserv. We can also look-up the address of the email account you are using for the listserv and help you change it.
- Some listserv providers track users’ activity and share email addresses with third parties. The listserv provider AAPPN uses just delivers emails, plain and simple. It doesn’t harvest usage data or share or sell email addresses.
- Going on vacation and want to temporarily suspend listserv messages? You can do that easily. And don’t worry about your “out-of-office” auto reply; the listserv will filter those out automatically for you.