2019 AAPPN Awards
Do you know an AAPPN member who you would like to see recognized as a star of our profession? Honor them by submitting a nomination for the 2019 AAPPN Awards! Our 2019 awards will be presented at the AAPPN Spring Conference on March 30 at Bastyr University. Don’t wait! The nomination deadline is February 28.
Want to know who has been honored in previous years? Take a look at past award recipients (PDF).
Awards will be given in the following categories:
Nurse of the Year Award: This award recognizes an AAPPN member whose efforts make a significant contribution to the organization. Examples of such contributions are supporting members, promoting organizational visibility, recruiting and chapter building, securing gifts and grants, involvement in special projects, committee work, chapter maintenance and the like.
Recent recipients include Bernie Gilroy, Tamara Ganahl, and David Guidry.
Nursing Excellence Award: This award recognizes an AAPPN member who has made significant contributions to advanced practice psychiatric nursing, the mental health profession, and/or the clients we serve. The activity, which goes beyond the confines of the organization, may be in the areas of advocacy, education, leadership, public policy, research, etc.
Recent recipients include Megan T. Brown, Mary Moller, and Dana Dean Doering.
Trust Award: This award recognizes individuals who are reliable, dependable, and steadfast in getting things accomplished in a selfless, unassuming way. These individuals demonstrate over time how important they are to our organization. The Trust Award is a way of saying a special thank you to a very reliable and dependable member.
Recent recipients include Donna Poole, Mary Langley, and Bonita Quiroz-Cantu.
Gretchen Schodde Lifetime Achievement Award: The recipient is not required to be a nurse to receive this award.This award is based on the following criteria:
- Advancing the profession of advanced practice nursing, advanced practice psychiatric nursing, and promoting mental health and well-being to those served;
- Qualities such as inspiration, vision, creativity, dedication, leadership, commitment, service, devotion, extraordinary, undaunting, tireless; and
- Recognizing a need and meeting the need.
- Recent recipients include Merry Armstrong Fougere, Connie Huffine, and Frankie Manning.
The Nomination Process
It’s simple to nominate someone! Email me at email@example.com with the following information:
- Nominee’s name;
- Your name;
- The name of the award; and
- A description of the character, skills, professional positions, and contributions that pertain to the award. Please be specific and include examples—the more details you can provide, the easier for our Awards Committee members to evaluate your nomination.
Please submit your nomination by February 28!
If you have any questions about the award or award process, please contact Chris Crosser at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-734-3166.