Honor Your Colleagues
Call for nominations for 2018 AAPPN Awards
Is there someone you would like to see recognized as a star of our profession? Honor your colleagues by submitting a nomination for the 2018 AAPPN Awards. Recipients will be awarded at our Spring Conference on March 17 at Bastyr University. Don’t wait! The nomination deadline is February 25.
(Who has been honored in previous years? Take a look at past award recipients.)
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
AAPPN Nurse of the Year Award: Honor an AAPPN member who makes a difference to the organization. Examples include helping members, promoting AAPPN and the profession, recruiting new members, working on a committee, or cultivating chapters.
Nursing Excellence Award: Honor an AAPPN member who makes a difference to advanced practice psychiatric nursing, the mental health community, and/or the clients we serve. Their contribution, which goes beyond the confines of the organization, may be in the areas of client care, education, leadership, advocacy, public policy, research, etc.
Trust Award: Honor the unsung hero, an individual who is reliable, dependable, and steadfast in getting things accomplished in a selfless, unassuming way. These quiet stars demonstrate over time how important they are to our profession. The Trust Award is a way of saying a special thank you to a very reliable and dependable member.
Gretchen Schodde Lifetime Achievement Award: This award is based on the following criteria:
- Advancing the profession of advanced practice nursing, advanced practice psychiatric nursing, and promoting mental health and well-being to those served;
- Displaying qualities such as inspiration, vision, creativity, dedication, leadership, commitment, service, and devotion; and
- Recognizing and meeting a need.
The awardee is not required to be a nurse to receive this award.
The nomination process is simple.
Nominations should include:
- Nominee’s name;
- Your name;
- The name of the award, and
- A description of the character, skills, professional positions, and contributions that pertain to the award. Please be specific and include examples—the more details you can provide, the easier for our Awards Committee members to evaluate your nomination.
Submit your nomination by February 25, 2018, via email to email@example.com, by fax to 360-230-3294, or by mail to: AAPPN, 1229 Cornwall Ave., Ste. 308, Bellingham, WA 98225.
If you have any questions about the award or award process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-734-3166.
Thank you for recognizing the stars of our profession!
–Kirk Roberts, Executive Director