News & Updates
Priorities for 2018
Health Policy/Government Relations Committee identified the following as its advocacy priorities for the coming legislative session:
- Continue to improve communication between AAPPN’s advocacy team and AAPPN members.
- Connect with other mental health care associations
- Encourage AAPPN members… Continue reading
This month, meet AAPPN President and 2006 and 2017 recipient of the AAPPN Nursing Excellence Award, Mary Moller.
Mary is a distinguished leader of our profession. She completed a BSN in 1971, followed by an MSN in 1982… Continue reading
- The Legislature is in its third special session to finalize the budget.
- Bills still in committee will be reintroduced next year since 2018 is the second year of the two-year biennium.
AAPPN Priority Issues
The Volk v Demeerleer decision (HB… Continue reading
AAPPN has been serving the Washington State advanced practice psychiatric nursing community for 35 years, from its beginning as the Northwest Association of Clinical Specialists in Psychosocial Nursing in 1982 to AAPPN’s current structure, established in 1994.
AAPPN members are… Continue reading
Representative Jinkins on the Judiciary Committee of the House is not moving this bill forward. We urge you to contact her and your own House Representative and ask for a floor vote on SB 5800. Use this link to find your own representative.
Health Policy/Government Relations Committee March 2017 Update
AAPPN encourages its members to learn about the issues and share their opinions with their Congressional delegation on both the federal and state level. Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses are also encouraged to join… Continue reading