Adjunct Instructor – Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Maryville University is accepting applications for Online Adjunct Instructors to teach in the Nurse Practitioner Program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to instructing the course based on providing curriculum and assisting students in achievement of course objectives; moderating and guiding student interaction in course-related work groups and discussion forums; scheduling and hosting office hours through use of conferencing tools, grading and providing feedback. Practicum course responsibilities include establishing contact with students’ preceptors, verifying student hours and assessing clinical tracking notes.
We are seeking qualified candidates who have both teaching and industry experience as a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner instructor and are licensed to practice in the following states:
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- Currently Practicing as a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Minimum of one year experience working as a licensed NP (graduate school experience does not apply)
- Board Certified Nurse Practitioner, unencumbered license in home state
- Demonstrated ability to coach and assist students in achieving their academic goals
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Special consideration will be given to those with licenses in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DE, ID, KY, ME, NC, NE, NV, OR, RI, SC, TN and WA or multi-state licenses
- Terminal degree from accredited institution in a related field
- Current State Licensure or willingness to obtain licensure in the following states preferred: AZ, CA, CO, DE, ID, KY, ME, NC, NE, NV, OR, RI, SC, TN and WA or multi-state licenses
- Experience using Canvas or other relevant online course delivery platform
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Adjunct Instructors will be provided orientation and training on the Canvas LMS and will be required to complete a self-paced online training course covering techniques for online facilitation and student engagement.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
- Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
- Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
How To Apply
To apply, please visit our site to complete an online application: http://jobs.maryville.edu/postings/2497.