Exceptional Opportunity – Now Hiring for an Advanced Care Practitioner for Inpatient Psychiatry Consultation (1.0 FTE)
Valley Medical Center | Located in the City of Renton, WA (Between Seattle and Tacoma)
Who Are We? UW Medicine | Valley Medical Center has received many awards including recognition as one of the Best Places to Work. Modern Healthcare has listed Valley Medical Center as one of the nation’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare.” Seattle Business magazine names VMC the #1 Non-Profit in Washington for 2011, VMC’s tenth consecutive year winning a Best Workplace award. 321 Acute Care Hospital, Level III Trauma Center
What are we looking for in a Nurse Practitioner?
Great Personality and Team Player. Ability to obtain a medical professional license in the State of WA. Ability to obtain a DEA with full prescriptive authority needed for specific practice. VMC is recruiting for a PMHNP to join the Psychiatry Consultation Service with clinical responsibility in the provision of psychiatric consultations to patients hospitalized on the various services of the general hospital with appropriate follow-up as indicated. Responsibilities include emergency psychiatry, consultation-liaison psychiatry, in addition to addiction medicine, with establishment of diagnoses and direct ongoing care and services to patients during their hospitalization stay.
Interest in or demonstration of medical/psychiatric knowledge and clinical skills, including ability to assess both medical and psychiatric information including patient presentation, differential diagnosis, and psychopharmacology needs preferred and will be critical for this role.
Work Schedule: Five (5) day work week. This is an Inpatient Consultative role.
What’s the Benefit Working Here?
- Generous benefit package
- No state income tax
- Not for Profit Hospital serving as one of the largest Public District Hospitals in WA State
- Participant in the Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Affiliated with the University of Washington – Multispecialty Medical Group; Focus on Evidence Based Medicine
- Awesome culture.
- CME Allowance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance Covered
Valley Medical Center offers much more than a comprehensive, competitive compensation and benefits. There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the country’s most livable cities, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature. The South Side of Seattle (Renton) allows you to enjoy a great northwestern lifestyle without the high prices and traffic found in the heart of the metro.
- Strong school districts
- Close to downtown Seattle and Bellevue. Shop at the Bellevue Square or Hang Out at Pikes Place Market.
- Magnificent views of Cascades and Mt Rainier.
- Close to Crystal Mountain resort (skiing)
- Amazing Community for Families
- On the shore of Lake Washington in the heart of Puget Sound
- Seattle Seahawks. That’s Right!
- Amazon, IKEA, Microsoft, Boeing, & Google. How Cool!