The Front Line of Patient Care
As leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators and scientists, Kaiser Permanente nurses are advancing the delivery of excellent, compassionate care for our members across the continuum, and boldly transforming care to improve the health of our communities and nation. Extraordinary Nursing Care. Every Patient. Every Time.
Advanced Practice Nurse – Specialty (Psychiatry/Mental Health; PMHNP)
In this role, you will practice professional nursing by the performance of both independent nursing functions and delegated medical functions in accordance with accepted practice standards. Such functions include the initiation and performance of nursing care through health promotion, supportive or restorative care, disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment of human disease, ailment, pain, injury, deformity, and physical or mental condition using specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill involving the application of biological, physical, social, and behavioral science principles.
• Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado
• Listed on the Advanced Practice Registry and in compliance with those requirements
• BLS required within 90 days of employment and must be maintained as current
• National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Taxonomy code required at time of hire
• Full prescriptive authority required
• DEA Registration
• Must obtain and maintain credentialing and/or privileges both internally and externally
• For positions in the Behavioral Health Department, education and national certification required for Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or equivalent education and certification accepted by the Colorado State Board of Nursing requirements for practice in a behavioral health setting.
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience in an inpatient/outpatient behavioral health specialty setting including medication management
• Experience with initial intakes as well as follow up and surveillance to recovery
• Prefer experience with full comprehensive behavioral health setting
• Not able to support a new graduate at this time
• Experience with an EHR
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 900643.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/job/westminster/advance-practice-nurse-specialty-mental-health-psychiatry/641/17175251 for complete qualifications and job submission details