Cascade Community Healthcare
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, Medication-Assisted Treatment Provider
Employment Type: Full-time, 40 hours.
Rate: Salary, DOE.
Start date: Upon completion of credentialing
Location: Chehalis, WA
Serving our community with acceptance, compassion, and respect.
Cascade has been providing behavioral health services to Lewis County and surrounding areas for more than 50 years. We are looking for an ARNP to provide medication-assisted treatment within our Substance Use Program. This position may also include behavioral health treatment.
Cascade currently has five treatment locations throughout Lewis County.
What You’ll Do
Provide medical services to clients with Substance Use Disorders. The services include assessments, individual sessions, and treatment planning. This position works with adults only.
** This is not a Telehealth position**
Your position will generally consist of the following:
- Prescribes appropriate psychotropic medication to clients.
- Provide initial evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and ongoing support to clients.
- Instructs client in purpose, dose, schedule, possible side effects, adverse reactions, and interactions of medications.
- Provides documentation of medical direction and supervision, e.g., chart review, case review, and review of client care outcomes.
- Provides clinical documentation and assures that all filing of clinical information and submission of billing information is done accurately and within the time frame required.
- Participates in case staffing’s and department meetings as needed.
- Make appropriate and timely clinical & medical referrals.
- Ability to accurately diagnosis and treat psychiatric/mental health, substance abuse, and physical disorders.
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications and how to prescribe.
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team for the coordination of client care.
- Knowledge of detoxification protocols and PAWS Post-Acute Withdrawal Symptoms.
- Skill in supervising nurses and other staff.
- Knowledge of community medical resources
- Knowledge and/or training in the ASAM Criteria including Levels 1 & 2 Withdrawal Management (or desire to attend in-person ASAM training course and/or addictions medicine course).
- Participates in supervision, consultation and training at the direction of the supervisor.
- Coordinate client data processing procedures and provides consultation to Cascade staff, including primary clinician/case manager, regarding patient care as needed.
This position operates in a medical office setting. This role routinely uses medical equipment and supplies and standard office equipment. direct care services daily.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position will normally require that the employee work a Monday – Thursday schedule, 20 hours per week. Flexible on scheduled hours on those days.
What you need to be Eligible to Get the Job Done
- Must be licensed to work in Washington State as an Advanced Practice Nurse, and a Registered Nurse, with a minimum of two years’ experience in a related field.
- SAMHSA/DEA Waiver Required.
- Two years of experience in psychiatric/mental health nursing required.
- Experience in psychotropic medication management and client care preferred.
- Experience working with Adults in an outpatient setting
- WA State ARNP/RN credentials required.
- WA State DEA required.
- You’re able to pass WA State Patrol and National Background check.
- You will learn and abide by agency policies and procedures.
- You’re able to gain access to all types of buildings and residences regardless of the structures’ accessibility.
- You’re able to work independently but also as part of the team.
- You’re exceptional at following through with time sensitive items due to your spectacular time management skills.
- You will represent yourself and Cascade in a positive and professional manner.
- When stressful situations arise, you’re able to stay calm, collected, and handle said situations in a professional manner.
- You’re passionate about helping people and are excited to be a part of what we do here at Cascade.
What you’ll Love about Us
- Meaningful work. The services we provide have a big impact and it makes what we do count.
- We promote a genuine work/life balance, because not everything we need to tend to personally happens outside of our working hours.
- Self-Care, time away from work. Earn paid time off (PTO). PTO starts at 13 hours per month (available to use on 90th day of employment). Pro-rated based on FTE.
- 11 paid holidays + one personal holiday. Pro-rated based on FTE. Personal Holiday available to use after 90-days of employment.
- Health Benefits. Medical, dental, and vision. HSA and FSA options available.
- Preparing for your Future. 401(k), after 6-months of employment Cascade contributes 5% of your gross earnings monthly. No match required.
- Cascade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Cascade is a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace
- Because our team members are trusted to handle confidential information and work with a vulnerable population, we require that all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume. No phone calls.
How To Apply
Please apply by using the link below:
You can also apply by visiting our website at: