The Associate Medical Director of Inpatient Psychiatry oversees the psychiatric care for individuals admitted to involuntary psychiatric or withdrawal management services. The position provides direct psychiatric care for patients admitted to Recovery Place Kent (RPK), provides clinical supervision to Inpatient Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, participates in the ITA (Involuntary Treatment Act) legal process as needed, provides administrative leadership (in collaboration with the RPK Director, RPK Nurse Manager, RPK Program Manager, & Chief of Inpatient Services) towards the administrative goals and objectives of Valley Cities, and works with other RPK leadership on Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives, implementation of best practices, and ensuring a culture of collaboration, trust, equity, and celebration of diversity.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
- Provide initial psychiatric evaluations to clients admitted to involuntary psychiatric and secure withdrawal management services.
- Lead a multidisciplinary care team in creation of a treatment plan.
- Provide and document ongoing psychiatric assessments throughout episodes of inpatient treatment.
- Provide medical/ pharmacologic management of clients’ psychiatric conditions and substance withdrawal, as indicated and appropriate.
- Provide appropriate assessment, orders and documentation of any required emergency treatment, seclusion, or restraints.
- Provide medical/clinical support to the nursing team as requested.
- ARNP certified as a PMHNP by the ANCC.
- Graduation from an accredited school or program
- Licensed to practice under state WAC and RCW.
- 3 years of experience providing psychiatric care to a Seriously Mentally Ill (SMI) population, with at least 2 years working in an inpatient or acute care setting (either as an RN or as an ARNP)
- Familiarity with best practices in substance use disorder treatment including withdrawal management, Medication Assisted Treatment for OUD and harm reduction.
- Understanding of Washington State Involuntary Treatment Act procedures
- Pass required background checks.
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays.
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status
How To Apply
Interested in this position? Please submit your most updated resume to .