Seattle Counseling Service
Seattle Counseling Service (www.seattlecounseling.org) is a community resource that advocates, educates and serves to advance the social well-being and mental health of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community.
We are looking for a 0.8-1.0 FTE Medical Director to oversee medical operations for a behavioral health and addiction services organization with more than 65 employees with a medical staff of 2-4 people. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong background in community psychiatry as well as experience in a non-profit leadership role. The successful applicant will work closely with our executive management team to implement strategies that enhance client care and improve our medical practice. Candidates must demonstrate confidence and efficiency in a fast-paced environment. If you are interested in leading a dynamic team of healthcare professionals, we encourage you to apply today.
- Supervise psychiatric team.
- Ensure that employees are complying with agency policies.
- Work directly with providers to educate them on agency procedures and determine what can be done to improve overall quality of care.
- Advise executive management team regarding the development and review of agency programs, policies, procedures and protocols that govern clinical care.
- Ensure that all psychiatric staff receive appropriate clinical supervision, staff development and in-service training.
- Provide consultation to staff both individually and as a team.
- Recruit psychiatric staff and ensure adequate coverage to provide administrative leadership and medical and clinical care across the agency.
- Ensure quality of treatment and related services through participation in the agency’s ongoing quality assurance and audit processes.
- Participate in the development of a clinically relevant, outcome evaluation process.
- Develop and maintain training programs in concert with various medical schools.
- Provide direct psychiatric services to clients following all relevant agency protocols.
- Provide consultation to Mental Health Therapists and SUD clinicians.
- Facilitate coordination of care between departments.
- MD, DO or ARNP required
- Valid license to practice medicine required
- Experience in community mental health preferred
- Experience in non-profit leadership role preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of LGBTQ, cross-cultural and chemical dependency issues
- Ability to comply with all agency, WAC and funding requirements and procedures
- Demonstrate cooperation and professionalism with staff and external agencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Benefits: Generous sick time, vacation time, holiday leave, medical, dental and vision plans, 401K with 3% employer match.
Seattle Counseling Service is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 29, 2019 or until filled.