Nurse Practitioner – Psychiatric
Job ID: 20-12029
Type: Part Time – Benefitted
If you share Legacy’s mission of making life better for others, we invite you to consider this opportunity as a Nurse Practitioner-Psychiatric. Your ability to assess, diagnose and make recommendations of med-surg inpatients, emergency department patients and Legacy clinic patients, will ensure that proper care and support is provided. Throughout your work in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams, you’ll lend compassion and thoughtful insights in the treatment of complex psychiatric patients and their families.
Our Camas, WA. clinic is searching for an energetic, patient-focused Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. Camas is just a short drive from downtown Portland and is surrounded by the unparalleled beauty of the Columbia River Gorge. If you enjoy the outdoors, this is a paradise of hiking, fishing, skiing, and biking. One hour to the east is the spectacular Mt Hood and 1.5 hours to the west are the Pacific Ocean beaches.
- Provide psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, and recommendations on medical-surgical inpatients, emergency department patients, and Legacy clinic patients.
- Provide consultation to staff and physicians in the management and treatment of patients with psychological disorders impacting medical treatment and discharge.
- Work in collaboration with multidisciplinary health care teams to ensure high quality patient care.
- Provide support and educational training for physicians and non-physician staff in providing care for complex psychiatric patients and their families.
- Education – As required by licensure.
- Experience – Clinical experience requirements are dependent upon the specific position and include a minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field.
- Applicable state RN license required.
- National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) required.
- Current applicable state license as a Nurse Practitioner with Prescriptive Privileges (NP-PP) required.
- Possess a national Nursing certification allowing billing for Medicare.
- Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association.
Legacy’s Values in Action – Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy’s Values in Action.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled