Free perinatal behavioral health consultation line for Washington State health care providers
PAL for Moms
Open weekdays 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
PAL for Moms, funded by the Washington State Health Care Authority, is a free provider-to-provider consultation line staffed by UW psychiatrists with expertise in perinatal behavioral health. Any health care provider in Washington State can call to receive consultations, recommendations, and referrals to resources for perinatal patients (including postpartum patients and patients experiencing pregnancy loss and infertility).
How does it work?
- Call 877-725-4666 (PAL4MOM) weekdays 9am – 5pm
- Complete a brief 2-3 minute intake
- Consult with a UW perinatal psychiatrist (usually immediately, or within 1 business day)
- Receive written documentation of recommendations and resources
Topics may include:
- Risks and benefits of psychiatric medications
- Depression, anxiety, substance use, and other psychiatric disorders
- Adjustment to pregnancy loss, complications, or difficult life events
- Non-medication treatments
To learn more, call (877) 725-4666, e-mail email@example.com, or visit the PAL for Moms website. A PAL for Moms flier is also available to save or share.