Psychiatric Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
Department of Social and Health Services
As one of the largest inpatient psychiatric hospitals we are seeking a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner who is driven to serve to join our team at Western State Hospital . Providing mental health care and management to forensic and civilly committed patients, this is an ideal role to expand your knowledge and experience with a variety of cases that are both diverse and complex.
Working closely with a team of professionals to provide holistic care to our patients, your valuable expertise will be required to provide input on how to promote recovery and well-being in partnership with the people we serve and bridge the gap between physical and mental health care.
If you are passionate about mental health care and are looking for an opportunity to use your education and experience to make an impact in our community, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Provide consultation, medication evaluation and management to a range of clients with mental illness, cognitive disturbances and substance abuse disorders.
- Serve as a practitioner and consultant for patients with psychiatric disorders and challenging behaviors.
- Diagnose and treat common acute psychiatric problems, illnesses, and crises.
- Determine diagnosis, prescribe medication, and monitor medication regime.
- Administer psychopharmacologic management in collaboration with Psychiatrists.
- Utilize treatment modalities, providing individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, and family counseling.
- Coordinate and integrate multidisciplinary services for patients, collaborating with Social Workers, Nursing, and Rehabilitative Therapists to ensure the patient’s treatment plan is effective.
- Deliver patient care, conduct mental status psychiatric evaluations, perform psychiatric assessments, and create diagnostic formulation.
- Monitor health care problems, consulting with medical staff, and referring for specialized medical treatment as needed.
- Assist in program planning with physicians, psychiatrist and other members of the treatment team.
What we are looking for:
- A professional with a license or is eligible to obtain a Washington State license to practice as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- Advanced knowledge and clinical experience in psychiatric mental health diagnosis and treatment
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) certification
- Patient-centered communication skills.
- Ability to function independently to assess patient health and determine diagnosis
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Collegial, affable, and broad-minded team member open to collaborating, learning, and personal growth.
How To Apply
You are encouraged to contact the Recruiter, Lindsey White, by email at Lindsey.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (360) 890-5962 or visit www.careers.wa.gov to apply.