PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTIONER (ARNP)
Consejo Counseling and Referral Service is looking to hire a full-time PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTIONER (ARNP). Are you passionate about helping others? Would you like to be a part of a behavioral health clinic that focuses on empowering and motivating both its clients and employees? If so, please read on!
This ARNP position earns a competitive wage depending on qualifications and experience. We also offer exceptional benefits, including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k), vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, personal days, life insurance, AD&D, training funds, and your birthday off. If this sounds like the right job opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT CONSEJO COUNSELING AND REFERRAL SERVICE
Consejo Counseling and Referral Service is an award-winning agency that has provided behavioral mental health services to the Latino community in the state of Washington for almost four decades. Our mission is to provide behavioral health services, substance use treatment, housing, as well as domestic violence and sexual assault advocacy-based counseling to individuals and families. We use an interdependent treatment model for clients to experience acceptance, emotional security, and growth development while learning new skills to establish a higher quality of life.
Our employees work hard to provide services that empower and motivate our clients to engage with their communities at their highest level of functioning. To show our appreciation, we strive to take care of our employees by offering them great benefits, competitive compensation, and a positive work environment to help them build careers they can be proud of.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTIONER (ARNP)
Responsible for providing psychiatric care to behavioral health clients enrolled in Consejo’s outpatient services and ensures all services are delivered according to regulatory requirements, professional standards, contractual requirements and agency’s policies & procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct in-person psychiatric evaluations and medication follow-up appointments to mental health clients enrolled in outpatient services.
- Conduct psychiatric evaluations and medication follow-up appointments via tele-medicine to mental health clients enrolled in outpatient services that are unable to travel to Consejo’s offices where in person appointments are available.
- Complete number of evaluations/medication follow-up appointments as deemed appropriate by the agency’s needs
- Provide pharmacotherapy practices that include prescribing and provide injections as appropriate for a small number of clients that require that service.
- Complete all required documentation for clients receiving psychiatric care on a daily basis.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external providers to assist clients with identified needs.
- Participate and provide consultation and/or training to behavioral health staff as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with other professionals and/or external agencies on agency’s clinical needs.
- Provide both Telehealth and Physical services as agreed with your primary supervisor
- Work as a member of Consejo’s clinical team to ensure overall efficiency and effective operation of the organization.
RECOVERY BEST PRACTICE
- Ability to understand and use the ten core principles from the national consensus statement on recovery (hope, self-direction, individualized and person-centered, empowerment, holistic, non-linear, strengths-based, peer support, respect, and responsibility).
- Ability to understand the mutually affirming roles of peer support and professional services.
- Knowledge on conducting strengths-based interviews and how to utilize strengths in implementing the care plan.
- Provide outpatient evaluations, assessments, care plans and progress notes that are individualized and recovery oriented.
- Ability to engender hope, optimism, and recovery for people at every level of disability, various degrees of insight, and/or various levels of motivation.
- Ability to assist consumers to assume or resume employment, education, or normalized housing, and to thrive in these roles.
- Ability to locate community resources outside of the mental health system and inspire consumers to use them.
- Provide culturally competent recovery practices for the Latino consumer.
- Knowledge on how to implement a Wellness Recovery Action Plan.
- Knowledge on motivational interviewing skills to enhance recovery potential.
- Skills in helping people who have experienced trauma to recover.
- Provide family psycho-education and engagement
- Washington State Medical License
- Board Certified in Psychiatry
- License to Prescribe Medications
- Ability to work with both Children, youth, adults and Older adults
- Ability to maintain clinical privileges and credentials in good standing
- Proficient in speaking, reading and writing both English and Spanish
This full-time ARNP position works a typical schedule of 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday to Friday.
Starting at $125K to $200K depending on qualifications and experience
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, so we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this Accounting Specialist job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
PPE and Hand sanitizer is available throughout every office. High touch surfaces are wiped down regularly with antibacterial cleaner. Visitors to the office are questioned about current COVID symptoms.
HOW TO APPLY
Consejo is always looking for talented individuals to join us. If you are searching for an exciting opportunity and would like to learn more about potential career opportunities at Consejo, please click the link http://consejocounseling.org/job-opportunities/