Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Seattle Counseling Service
Seattle Counseling Service (www.seattlecounseling.org) is a community resource that advocates, educates and serves to advance the social well-being and mental health of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community. SCS is looking for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner who will be responsible for assuring that all agency clients, receive appropriate evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
* Participate in the development, approval and review of all policies, procedures and protocols that govern clinical care.
* Assist Medical Director in ensuring the availability of adequate psychiatric staffing to provide clinical, medical, administrative leadership, and clinical care throughout the system.
* Assist all clinical staff receive appropriate clinical supervision, staff development, and in-service training.
* Participate with agency directors in making liaisons with private and public payors, in particular with Medical Director.
* Assure the quality of treatment and related services provided by the system’s professional staff, through participation (directly or by designee) in the system’s ongoing quality assurance and audit processes.
* Provide oversight to ensure appropriate continuum of programs, level of care criteria, standards of practice and psychiatric supervision for each program.
* Provide clinical supervision and consultation to staff, individually (as appropriate) and in team meetings.
* Participate in team, team leads, ITC and staff meetings as determined appropriate with Executive or Associate Director.
* Provide off hours pager/cell phone coverage as appropriate
* Participate in providing constructive feedback to other employees
* Provide direct psychiatric services.
* Assure that all clients receive appropriate evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and medical intake/care as indicated.
* Participate in quality improvement and assurance efforts as appropriate.
* Seek clinical consultation as needed to insure quality of care.
* Notify appropriate personnel of routine and emergent client information.
* Participate in case consultations.
* Provide appropriate coordination/referral and direct service (in-house and out of facility) as appropriate to client’s care.
* Document all client contacts and pertinent information according to agency policy, by stated appropriate deadlines.
* Complete all psychiatric assessments/reviews according to policy.
* Maintain required case-load and direct service productivity as stipulated in agency policy.
* Proper education, training and licensure (ABPN certified) to perform as a Physician or Nurse Practitioner.
* Willingness to provide quality clinical supervision to clinicians within a team environment
* Experience working effectively within teams
* Demonstrated leadership ability
* Demonstrated experience within a community mental health facility
* Demonstrated knowledge of sexual minority, cross-cultural, chemical dependency issues
* Ability to complete assigned tasks, accept responsibility and meet all WAC and funding requirements for appropriate client supervision and treatment
Schedule: Full-Time, 40 hours/week
Salary: Depends on experience.
Benefits: Generous sick time, vacation time, holiday leave, medical, dental and vision plans, 401K with 3% employer match.
How To Apply
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls.