Job Title: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Provide medication management for intensive outpatient (IOP) and partial hospitalization (PHP) clients
- Perform comprehensive psychiatric evaluations
- Prescribe and manage psychotropic medication based on a knowledge of pharmacological and physiological
- principles in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Provide staff consultation and attend weekly staff consult meeting
- Conduct brief chart reviews to ensure admitting clients are medically appropriate for PHP / IOP clients
- Conduct insurance reviews as part of insurance utilization review process, as needed
- Collaboration with other members of a multidisciplinary treatment team, including outside primary care
- Maintain clinical documentation and other administrative tasks required for competent care
- Provide psychiatric program leadership
- May include leading a psycho-educational group for PHP and/or IOP clients
- Must be certified to practice as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner in Washington State with specific psychiatric credential
- Ability to prescribe for ages 18 and above
- Comfort with electronic health record systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Practice medicine and live personally in a way that reflects a non-diet, weight-inclusive relationship with food and body
- Exhibit a high degree of confidentiality and personal boundary setting
- Experience working with eating disorders, athletes and mental health strongly desired
Skill Requirements + Opal Value Alignment:
- Approachable and compassionate, with an emotional awareness of client’s needs and one’s relationship with the client
- A high degree of confidentiality and personal boundary setting; coupled well with value of modeling for clients and staff
- Adaptable and flexible.
- High value of collaboration with multidisciplinary treatment teams
- Experience working with clients with eating disorders and other mental health concerns.
Monday-Friday. Part-time hourly, estimate of 20 hours/week
PTO, retirement account with employer matching, etc. Full benefits summary available upon request.
Opal’s Aspiration: To contribute to a world where all are able to live fully with freedom
Opal’s Vision: To inspire cultural change regarding food, body, movement and mental health
Opal’s Mission: To free people from diet culture by offering eating disorder treatment for food, body and exercise concerns
Better Together. Curiosity and Learning. Do it. Self-Inquiry. Repeat. Change the Script.
How to Apply
To apply, click here.
If you desire to speak directly to the hiring manager, please email moc.y1695351147dobdn1695351147adoof1695351147lapo@1695351147eiluj1695351147
We will look forward to hearing from you!