Consejo Counseling and Referral Service is looking to hire a full-time Psychiatrist. Are you passionate about helping others? Would you like to be a part of a behavioral health clinic that focuses on empowering and motivating both its clients and employees? If so, please read on!
This Psychiatrist position earns a competitive wage depending on qualifications and experience. We also offer exceptional benefits, including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k), vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, personal days, life insurance, AD&D, training funds, and your birthday off. If this sounds like the right job opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT CONSEJO COUNSELING AND REFERRAL SERVICE
Consejo Counseling and Referral Service is an award-winning agency that has provided behavioral mental health services to the Latino community in the state of Washington for almost four decades. Our mission is to provide behavioral health services, substance use treatment, housing, as well as domestic violence and sexual assault advocacy-based counseling to individuals and families. We use an interdependent treatment model for clients to experience acceptance, emotional security, and growth development while learning new skills to establish a higher quality of life.
Our employees work hard to provide services that empower and motivate our clients to engage with their communities at their highest level of functioning. To show our appreciation, we strive to take care of our employees by offering them great benefits, competitive compensation, and a positive work environment to help them build careers they can be proud of.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A PSYCHIATRIST
Responsible for providing psychiatric care including psychiatric evaluations and medication management to the outpatient clients enrolled in services. Provides training and supervision to the psychiatric team, which includes psychiatric ARNPs, staff psychiatrist, residents and interns. Participates in internal staff meetings to address coordination of patient care, services, training and interacts as necessary with Federal, State, county and other regulatory bodies to ensure compliance according to regulatory requirements, professional standards, contractual requirements and agency policy & procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Interviews, manages, trains, and evaluates psychiatric team of providers including residents & interns.
Develops, Implements and enforces medical policies & procedures and protocols.
Trains the psychiatric team and behavioral health clinical team as necessary.
Performs and documents clinical chart reviews of the psychiatric team’s documentation and participates in the agency’s Quality Improvement Plan.
Corresponds and interacts with key regulatory personnel and accrediting bodies as necessary.
Provides reports & other data as requested by the Executive Director, Deputy Director of Clinical Services and Compliance Director.
Participates in required trainings and education programs, etc.
Participates in meetings, teleconferences, etc. as needed
Knowledge and compliance with HIPAA policy and procedure
Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulations, in addition to the standards required by Joint Commission, Board of Health, and OSHA.
Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
Ability to coordinate care with internal providers; mental health therapists, substance use counselors, psychiatric team, and other partner agencies including primary care and complementary medicine.
Provide oversight of medication reconciliation by providers.
Provides both in-person and telehealth services to clients.
Patient Care Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducts psychiatric evaluations and medication follow-up appointments for adult and children clients enrolled in the mental health outpatient program.
- Provides pharmacotherapy practices that include prescribing and documentation of medication practices including the use of E-Prescribe.
- Orders labs and reviews orders when necessary
- Care coordination between Medication-assisted treatments (MAT) is the use of medications, in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies, to provide a “whole-patient” approach to the treatment of substance use disorders.
- Completes all required documentation for clients receiving psychiatric care on a daily basis.
- In partnership with clinic directors and medical prescribers, provides oversight of patient emergencies.
Consult and collaborate with other professionals, partner agencies and/or external agencies on agency clinical needs.
Recovery Best Practices
- Ability to understand and use the ten core principles from the national consensus statement on recovery (hope, self-direction, individualized and person-centered, empowerment, holistic, non-linear, strengths-based, peer support, respect, and responsibility).
- Ability to understand the mutually affirming roles of peer support and professional services.
- Knowledge on conducting strengths-based interviews and how to utilize strengths in implementing the care plan.
- Provide outpatient evaluations, assessments, care plans and progress notes that are individualized and recovery oriented.
- Ability to engender hope, optimism, and recovery for people at every level of disability, various degrees of insight, and/or various levels of motivation.
- Ability to assist consumers to assume or resume employment, education, or normalized housing, and to thrive in these roles.
- Ability to locate community resources outside of the mental health system and inspire consumers to use them.
- Knowledge on motivational interviewing skills to enhance recovery potential.
- Skills in helping people who have experienced trauma to recover.
- Provide family psycho-education and engagement
Other Duties & Responsibilities (may include):
Utilizes resources and materials in a safe and efficient manner
Attends clinic staff meetings as needed
Participates in in-service training and continuing education as necessary or required to safely and effectively perform job
Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical manner
Regular attendance is to be maintained
Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with Consejo Counseling and Referral Service policy
Interact with all staff in a positive and motivational fashion supporting the Company’s mission
Board Certified in Psychiatry
Current Washington state medical licenses
DEA license and ability to prescribe medications
Proficient in the use of electronic health records and E-Prescribe
Valid driver’s license
This full-time Psychiatry position works a typical schedule of 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday to Friday.
Starting at $150k to $300K depending on qualifications and experience
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, so we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this Accounting Specialist job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
PPE and Hand sanitizer is available throughout every office. High touch surfaces are wiped down regularly with antibacterial cleaner. Visitors to the office are questioned about current COVID symptoms.
HOW TO APPLY
Consejo is always looking for talented individuals to join us. If you are searching for an exciting opportunity and would like to learn more about potential career opportunities at Consejo, please click the link http://consejocounseling.org/job-opportunities/