Listserv Participation Policy
- While the AAPPN Listserv is private, messages posted to it are not HIPAA compliant. Do not include information that could identify any patient or potential patient.
- Honor copyrighted material. Please do not copy and paste articles in your message. Instead, include a link to them. If the article is not available online, refer to it with typical reference citations and provide a brief quote.
- Be polite and courteous. Before hitting the send button, consider how you would feel if your message was the headline story in your hometown newspaper. We call this the New York Times test.
- Observe antitrust concerns. AAPPN is a professional association and by its very nature is subject to antitrust issues. Discussions about rates charged, efforts to exert collective pressure on payors, terms of contracts with insurance companies, internship salaries, etc., all are prohibited.
- Leave politics at the door. Listserv exchanges must avoid electioneering or endorsing a candidate for federal, state, or local political office. That said, advocacy on substantive issues is separate from electioneering for candidates. Electioneering is absolutely prohibited. Advocacy on legislative issues is allowed.
Listserv Acceptable Use Policy
AAPPN established its listserv to foster connection, collaboration, and communication within the advanced psychiatric nurse community.
- The User agrees not to send Unsolicited Commercial Email (spam). This includes requests for political solicitations, funding, or other time and resources of AAPPN members.
- Messages regarding client referrals, office space for lease, job announcements, or for-fee events or activities conducted by AAPPN or AAPPN members are not considered spam on the AAPPN Listserv group. For-fee activities may include outside events, ongoing workshops, or supervision or therapy groups. As a courtesy to fellow members, please limit messages regarding for-fee activities to one message per activity per two months.
- The User agrees to only use email addresses that he or she owns and controls for sending and receiving messages to and from the listserv.
- The User agrees to follow the participation policy and etiquette of the AAPPN Listserv.
- The User agrees to respect the privacy of other users.
- All electronic mailing lists are to used only for lawful purposes. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any United States Federal, State or City law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material we judge to be inappropriate, threatening, obscene, or protected by trade secret and other statutes.
Misuse of the Listserv
The AAPPN office will notify any member who posts a message which violates AAPPN policies or is counter to AAPPN’s mission.
Any member who posts a second inappropriate message will be temporarily removed from the listserv. The member may have their listserv privileges reinstated by providing in writing that they will follow all AAPPN policies.
Any member who posts a third inappropriate message will permanently lose their listserv privileges.