AAPPN is a member-driven professional association.
Volunteering with AAPPN can help you get to know your colleagues, build your leadership skills, and support your profession. The time commitment and depth of involvement is up to you.
Groups meet online, so you won’t spend your time in traffic!
Contact Kirk Roberts at gro.n1686162863ppaa@1686162863krik1686162863 or 360-734-3166 to find out more about the volunteer opportunities below.
Volunteers needed now!
- Awards Committee: Help recognize the stars of our profession. Activities include defining our award categories and helping to select award recipients. (March-Nov.; 1-2 hours/month)
- Membership Committee: Help to develop strategies to reach out to members and connect with potential members. (Year-round; 2 hours/month)
Joining the Board is a great way to discover your leadership skills in a fun and supportive environment. Participate with your colleagues in helping our members thrive and serve as an ambassador in our professional community.
We value the life/work balance of our volunteers, so you won’t be overburdened with meetings or duties. The Board meets online every two months, and you will also have the opportunity to participate on a committee that meets your interests.
Open positions available by appointment and/or special election: (Year-round; 2-3 hours/month) :
Volunteers always welcome:
- Nominating Committee: Don’t have time for a Board position? Help identify the next generation of AAPPN leaders. Work with your colleagues to cultivate leaders to take on Board positions. (Nov.-March; 2 hours/month)
- Chapter Chairs, Specialty/Affinity Groups, and eGroup Leaders: Build connection in your professional community. Whether it is coordinating educational or social meetings or helping to lead email discussions on practice topics, you can help AAPPN and build your professional network. (Year-around; 3 hours/month)
- Education Committee: Lend your voice to plan AAPPN’s educational activities, including our Annual Conference and Master Classes. (Year-round; 2 hours/month)
- Legislative Committee: Be a part of the team to help protect and enhance your profession. Learn about legislation, and help formulate AAPPN’s position on issues. (Jan.-March; 5 hours/month. Occasionally during the rest of the year.)
If you are interested in finding out more about any of these opportunities, please contact Kirk Roberts at gro.n1686162863ppaa@1686162863krik1686162863 or 360-734-3166.