AAPPN is a member-driven professional association.
Volunteering with AAPPN can help you get to know your colleagues, build your leadership skills, and support your profession. The time commitment and depth of involvement is up to you.
Groups meet online, so you won’t spend your time in traffic!
Contact Kirk Roberts at gro.n1653596294ppaa@1653596294krik1653596294 or 360-734-3166 to find out more about the volunteer opportunities below.
Volunteers needed now!
- Education Committee: Lend your voice to plan AAPPN’s educational activities, including our Annual Conference and Master Classes. (Year-round; 2 hours/month)
- Membership Committee: Help to develop strategies to reach out to members and connect with potential members. (Year-round; 2 hours/month)
- Legislative Committee: Be a part of the team to help protect and enhance your profession. Learn about legislation, and help formulate AAPPN’s position on issues. (Jan.-March; 5 hours/month. Occasionally during the rest of the year.)
- Advocacy eGroup: Volunteer to address issues related to your practice. Practice areas include community mental health, opioid and other substance use disorder issues, working with Medicaid patients, working with children and adolescents, and working with schools, law enforcement, or other agencies. (Year-around; time commitment varies.)
- Proposed Legislation: We’ll contact you when issues come up to get your opinion on bills, rules, and potential action.
- Rules: Work with your colleagues to ensure that psychiatric ARNPs are fairly represented in the rules drafted by the Dept. of Health, Nursing Commission, and Health Care Authority.
- Collaborations: Learn about opportunities to join public advocacy and stakeholder groups, such as the Bree Collaborative or the ARNP Coalition.
Volunteers always welcome:
- Awards Committee: Help recognize the stars of our profession. Activities include defining our award categories and helping to select award recipients. (March-Nov.; 1-2 hours/month)
- Nominating Committee: Don’t have time for a Board position? Help identify the next generation of AAPPN leaders. Work with your colleagues to cultivate leaders to take on Board positions. (Nov.-March; 2 hours/month)
- Chapter Chairs, Specialty/Affinity Groups, and eGroup Leaders: Build connection in your professional community. Whether it is coordinating educational or social meetings or helping to lead email discussions on practice topics, you can help AAPPN and build your professional network. (Year-around; 3 hours/month)
If you are interested in finding out more about any of these opportunities, please contact Kirk Roberts at gro.n1653596294ppaa@1653596294krik1653596294 or 360-734-3166.