2017 Scholarship Application Guidelines
The Lois Price Spratlen Foundation identifies, encourages, and cultivates excellence in Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nursing. Scholarships are funded by donations of our colleagues in the nursing and mental health community, Association of Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses members, and fellow citizens interested in improving psychiatric mental health nursing in our state.
The purpose of the scholarship program is to support graduate research and projects that promote advanced practice psychiatric nursing.
- Applications must have been received electronically or postmarked by September 1, 2017.
- Up to three $2,000 scholarships will be awarded in the Fall of 2017.
- Scholarship recipients will also receive:
- A free registration for themselves and a guest for the Foundation Gala on October 8, 2017 in Seattle.
- A free registration for the AAPPN Spring Conference on March 17, 2018, at Bastyr University in Kenmore.
- The Lois Price Spratlen Foundation reserves the right to alter the distribution of scholarships depending on applications received.
Scholarship applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a psychiatric mental health nursing program in Washington State during the 2017-2018 academic year (Fall-Summer).
- You do not have to be enrolled for the entire year.
- You do not have to be a Washington resident.
- Have a current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of:
- Academic Performance
- School Involvement
- Community/Volunteer Activities
Application Submission Requirements
- Materials must have been received electronically or postmarked by September 1, 2017.
- Scholarship application materials must include the following (incomplete applications will not be considered):
- Completed Foundation Scholarship Application
- Letter of introduction that includes a description of graduate research or project, as well as research interests and career goals.
- Current college transcripts (a copy of the transcript is acceptable).
- Current résumé.
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
- The Foundation will select scholarship recipients. All information will be held in strict confidence.
- This scholarship is a one-time award. New recipients will be selected annually.
- Scholarship money will be distributed on October 8, 2017, at the Foundation Gala.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by email and will be honored at the Foundation Gala on October 8, 2017, in Seattle.
Questions? Call us at 360-734-3166 or email Kirk Roberts at email@example.com.