“I am continually grateful for AAPPN. I see this group as my professional family.”
–Anne Koomen, ARNP
Membership in AAPPN can provide a sense of belonging and avenues for connection with your peers. As an AAPPN member, you can …
- attend local Chapter meetings to make new friends and broaden your skills. At Chapter meetings you can listen to presentations, share practice experiences, and just have fun.
- connect with colleagues through AAPPN’s Listserv, eGroups, and Facebook Group to share resources, referrals, and opportunities.
- utilize AAPPN’s online membership directory to stay in touch with your colleagues.
Membership in AAPPN helps you build upon your clinical skills and grow your practice. As an AAPPN member, you can …
- enjoy reduced fees for our continuing education opportunities designed specifically for psychiatric ARNPs. These include our Spring and Fall Conferences, our recent online workshops regarding starting a private practice, and more.
- market your practice on AAPPN’s public referral directory, which helps potential patients find your practice.
- find news and opportunities for involvement in our monthly eNews, as well as emails with profession and volunteer opportunities.
- peruse job announcements exclusively for AAPPN members to find potential career opportunities.
- benefit from low Student membership rates and a one-year Student membership after graduation to help you get started.
Membership in AAPPN means you are part of an active professional community working to protect your profession in Olympia.
AAPPN was a leader in bringing prescriptive authority to psychiatric ARNPs in Washington. We continue to help make our state a national leader for the profession. AAPPN’s lobbyists represent our profession in legislative hearings and meetings, and our leaders collaborate with state leaders and partner organizations.
Member benefits in the area of advocacy are a two-way street. You’ll get out of it what you put into it. As an AAPPN member, you can …
- join our Advocacy eGroup to stay informed about legislation and rule-making activities which effect psychiatric ARNPs.
- join our Legislative Committee and work with our lobbyists to review bills during the legislative session.
- join our Rules Committee to help monitor the rule-making process on the Department of Health and the Nursing Commission.
- attend AAPPN’s Lobby Day in Olympia, to visit your legislators to educate them about your profession. There is strength in numbers!
Discover how membership in AAPPN can enhance your professional growth.