Midway through the 2023 legislative session, AAPPN’s Legislative Committee has had a busy winter assessing and making an impact on legislation. Our committee volunteers and our lobbyist, Devon Connor-Green, have worked to ensure our profession is appropriately represented and protected.
AAPPN is supporting a number of bills during this session, including:
- SB 5373 Requiring equal reimbursement for advanced registered nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and physicians
- SHB 1281 Increasing access to the provisions of the Washington death with dignity act
- SB 5300 Concerning continuity of coverage for prescription drugs prescribed for the treatment of behavioral health conditions
- SB 5036 Concerning telemedicine
- SB 5120 Establishing 23-hour crisis relief centers in Washington state
What happens next? In March, bills which pass either the House or Senate are sent to the other house for amendment or passage. The legislative session ends on April 23.
Our thanks to our committee volunteers: Nikki Behner, Piper Buersmeyer, David Falikovici, Kristine Highlander, Candace Mabbitt, Patricia Morgan, Graham Patrick, and Mishele Rutherford.