Legislative Committee Update
The Health Policy/Government Relations Committee has been regularly meeting Thursday evenings since the legislative session began January 14, 2019.
AAPPN has supported several bills that have come up for public hearing. Highlights include:
- Establishing the Washington Youth Suicide Review Team to review the circumstances related to suicides occurring among youth up to age 24.
- Providing timely competency evaluation and restoration services to persons suffering from behavioral health disorders (the Trueblood settlement).
- Establishing behavioral health innovation/integration campus within UW School of Medicine to increase health services in our state.
- Concerning community facilities needed to ensure continuum of care for behavioral health patients.
- Concerning involuntary treatment act; behavioral health integration; clarifying roles & responsibilities among the Healthcare Authority, DSHS and DOH.
Download (PDF) the complete list of bills the Committee is currently tracking.
Upcoming legislative deadlines
Last day to read in committee reports (pass bills out of committee and read them into the record on the floor) in house of origin, except House fiscal committees and Senate Ways & Means and Transportation committees.
Last day to read in committee reports (pass bills out of committee and read them into the record on the floor) from House fiscal committees and Senate Ways & Means and Transportation committees in house of origin.
Last day to consider (pass) bills in house of origin (5 p.m.).