Priorities for 2018
Health Policy/Government Relations Committee identified the following as its advocacy priorities for the coming legislative session:
- Continue to improve communication between AAPPN’s advocacy team and AAPPN members.
- Connect with other mental health care associations
- Encourage AAPPN members to meet in-district with their legislators during recesses
Recent Advocacy Activities
- AAPPN asked its Full and Emeritus members to participate in survey by the O*NET Data Collection Program, which is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor. O*NET is seeking the input of expert Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses to update its information on our profession. If you haven’t already done so, please contact Chris Crosser at about participating. The deadline to sign up is September 29.
- The Committee reviewed the draft DSHS Behavioral Health rules on Secure Withdrawal. The draft rules appeared to be appropriate as written and nothing within them seemed contrary to community standards of practice or would adversely affect our profession. Accordingly, AAPPN did not submit any comments on the rules.