Regular Legislative Session Ends April 28
As this year’s legislative session draws to a close, several bills AAPPN supported are moving their way through the House and Senate.
- SB 5181: Concerning certain procedures upon initial detention under the involuntary treatment act.
- SB 5903: Concerning children’s mental health.
- HB 1768: Concerning substance use disorder professional practice.
- HB 1907: Concerning the substance use disorder treatment system.
- HB 1394: Concerning community facilities needed to ensure a continuum of care for behavioral health patients.
- HB 1668: Creating the Washington health corps to support health care professionals who provide service in underserved communities.
- SB 5432: Concerning fully implementing behavioral health integration for January 1, 2020, by removing behavioral health organizations from law; clarifying the roles and responsibilities among the health care authority, department of social and health services, and department of health, and the roles and responsibilities of behavioral health administrative services organizations and medicaid managed care organizations; and making technical corrections related to the behavioral health system.
Following the end of the session, we’ll provide a report that details which bills passed as well as budget highlights.