Lobby Week Activities
5 easy steps to make a difference!
Make your voice heard during AAPPN’s Lobby Week, January 19-28!
Now: Make your appointment with your Washington State legislators. Schedule a meeting for the week of January 19-28. The best way to schedule an appointment is to email the legislator’s legislative assistant. Download the 2022 Legislator Roster for names, district information, and legislative assistant emails.
Be sure to make your appointment ASAP. The legislators’ and legislative assistants’ schedules fill up fast!
Not sure what district you’re in? You can find legislative district and the names of your state senator and representatives at the Washington State District Finder.
How to use the District Finder
- If you don’t know who your legislators are, look them up at https://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder. Under “District Type,” choose Legislative.
- A map will appear with the names of your legislators. When you click your legislator’s name, you will be forwarded to the legislative roster.
- Email or call your legislator’s office to make an appointment.
- Tell them you are constituent and that you would like to meet with the legislator or, if they are not available, a legislative aide. Let them know what times are good for you.
- They will respond to work out a time slot (usually 10-15 minutes).
Step 2 – Completed
Thanks to all the AAPPN members who signed in as “pro” for SB 5704 Requiring health carriers to reimburse advanced registered nurse practitioners at the same rate as physicians for the same services.
SB 5704 is AAPPN’s legislative priority. It’s the 2022 session version of last year’s bill SB 5222.
January 18: You’ve made your appointment with your legislator, now get ready for your meeting by dropping by AAPPN’s Legislative Open House from 7:30-8:00 p.m. Co-President Danielle DeOliveira, Past-President Kristine Highlander, and President-Elect Nikki Behner will host.
Can’t make the Open House? We have online resources to help you prepare.
AAPPN’s Lobby Devon Connor-Green explains why talking to your legislators is important and why they really want to hear from you. Watch the 4½-minute video.
Learn from a colleague about what it is like to meet with legislators. Watch Nikki Behner’s 3-minute video.
January 20: Attend ARNPs United Lobby Day program starting at 7:00 p.m., featuring keynote addresses by Representative Eileen Cody and Molly Voris, senior health advisor to Governor Jay Inslee.
AAPPN is proud to partner with ARNPs United and other health care organizations in support of SB5704 and other important legislative issues.
January 19-29: Meet with your legislators and report back.
Help get the word out to your friends and colleagues!