Volunteer to support your profession
AAPPN is a member-driven professional association. There are many opportunities for you to take part in your professional community. Volunteering with AAPPN can help you get to know your colleagues, build your leadership skills, and support your profession. The time commitment and depth of involvement is up to you.
Below are some volunteer opportunities. Contact Kirk Roberts at email@example.com or 360-734-3166 to find out more.
- Awards Committee: Help recognize the stars of our profession. Activities include defining our award categories and helping to select award recipients. (Nov.-March; 2 hours/month)
- Board of Directors: Lend your voice to the visionary leadership of AAPPN. Help chart the association’s path to serving our profession. (Year-around; 3 hours/month)
- Board Secretary: The Secretary position on the Board is currently open. If you are a Full member, this is a great way to be a part of the AAPPN leadership team. (Year-around; 3 hours/month)
- Nominating Committee: Don’t have time for a Board position? Help identify the next generation of AAPPN leaders. Work with your colleagues to cultivate leaders to take on Board positions. (Nov.-March; 1 hour/month)
- Chapter Chairs and eGroup Leaders: Build connection in your professional community. Whether it is coordinating educational or social meetings or helping to lead email discussions on practice topics, you can help AAPPN and build your professional network. (Year-around; 3 hours/month)
- Education Committee: Lend your voice to plan AAPPN’s educational activities, including our Spring Conference and Master Classes. (Sept.-May; 2 hours/month)
- Governmental Affairs Committee: Be a part of the team to help protect and enhance your profession. Learn about legislation, and help formulate AAPPN’s position on issues. (Sept.-April; 4 hours/month)
- Legislative eGroup: Not ready to join the committee, but interested in finding out more about legislative issues? Join the eGroup to lend your voice and help the committee analyze legislation. (Sept.-April; 1 hour/month)
- Membership Committee: Join your colleagues to assess and respond to the specific needs of our membership. (Year-around; 2 hours/month)
If you are interested in finding out more about any of these opportunities, please contact Kirk Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-734-3166.