Volunteer to support your profession
AAPPN is a member-driven professional association. There are many opportunities for you to take part in your professional community. Volunteering with AAPPN can help you get to know your colleagues, build your leadership skills, and support your profession. The time commitment and depth of involvement is up to you.
Below are some volunteer opportunities. Contact Kirk Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-734-3166 to find out more.
- Awards Committee: Help recognize the stars of our profession. Activities include defining our award categories and helping to select award recipients. (Nov.-March; 2 hours/month)
- Nominating Committee: Don’t have time for a Board position? Help identify the next generation of AAPPN leaders. Work with your colleagues to cultivate leaders to take on Board positions. (Nov.-March; 2 hours/month)
- Education Committee: Lend your voice to plan AAPPN’s educational activities, including our Spring and Fall Conferences. (Year-round; 2 hours/month)
- Governmental Affairs Committee: Be a part of the team to help protect and enhance your profession. Learn about legislation, and help formulate AAPPN’s position on issues. (Sept.-April; 5 hours/month)
- Rules Committee: Work with your colleagues to ensure that psychiatric ARNPs are fairly represented in the rules drafted by the Dept. of Health, Nursing Commission, and Health Care Authority. (Year-round; 1 hour/month)
- Legislative eGroup: Not ready to join the committee, but interested in finding out more about legislative issues? Join the eGroup to lend your voice and help the committee analyze legislation. (Sept.-April; 1 hour/month)
- Chapter Chairs and eGroup Leaders: Build connection in your professional community. Whether it is coordinating educational or social meetings or helping to lead email discussions on practice topics, you can help AAPPN and build your professional network. (Year-around; 3 hours/month)
If you are interested in finding out more about any of these opportunities, please contact Kirk Roberts at email@example.com or 360-734-3166.